At Hampton High we inform families about students' progress at the end of each term in Key Stage 4 and twice a year in Key Stage 3. Our reports contain easy to interpret data for every subject:
Key Stage 4 - Years 10 and 11
- Target – subject specific target for the end of the GSCE course
- Current Level - current attainment based on evidence gathered over a period of time
- Attitude to Learning – graded as either Outstanding, Good, Requires Improvement or Inadequate
Key Stage 3 - Years 7 – 9
- Effort (Outstanding, Good, Satisfactory, Cause for concern)
- Progress (Exceeding, Meeting, Working towards)
- Area for development selected from a subject comment bank e.g 'Learn the formula for calculating mass'
There is an opportunity to discuss the report in more detail with relevant members of staff by contacting the school - we are always open to these conversations and families are not expected to wait until parents' evening to have these important discussions. Reports will also be printed and sent home with your child. If you require additional copies of your child's report, please contact the school office.
The working relationship between students, families and teachers is vital in ensuring the continued success for students over time. Parents' evenings are a great opportunity to visit the school, meet our teachers and leave feeling fully informed about the progress your child is making.
All parents’ evenings are held on Thursdays and take place in the school auditorium. Dates for the 2021-22 academic year are shown below:
- Year 11 30 September 2021
- Year 10 11 November 2021
- Year 9 10 February 2022
- Year 8 5 May 2022
- Year 7 17 March 2022
Please be aware that following the ongoing effects of the pandemic, parents' evenings may need to be held remotely. Your child's Head of Year will be in contact with further details.